Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Is in the Air






Fall - my favorite season! Cool fresh air, beautiful leaves, the smell of woodsmoke from the fireplace; and just the feeling that you're coming alive again after the long, hot, humid days of an Oklahoma summer. This is living!
(Of course, it doesn't last long enough and winter is just around the corner. But I try not to think about it!)


Some friends of ours went to Hawaii last week, and we had the privilege of keeping 4 of their children for a few days. I remarked to my husband that for having 8 kids around the house, it sure was quiet! I love their children; they're so polite and well behaved. We had the first campfire of the season; complete with hot dogs and smores - yummy!






My daughter Bethany (in pink) and her friend Hannah.



Yes, my son Jacob is having a hard time giving up summer :)












On Saturday we were blessed to have a group of men from church come out and help us cut down several dead trees around our property. I'm kicking myself for not taking picures to post, but trust me, they got a lot of work done! It's so nice to have Christian brothers and sisters who care for each other and are willing to help each other with hard physical labor. Thanks guys!







No comments:

Post a Comment